Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nothing on right all of a sudden?!!!?

Default Nothing on right all of a sudden?!!!?

My right side hasn't produced anything today and I'm freaking out. DD has been nursing on it with a shield great for 2 weeks. Last night she started nursing on it for 30 minutes and then dozing off. I normally see milk dropping out of it but haven't seen anything today. She has been nursing on it and then crying 10 mins later from hunger. I pumped after and barely got a few drops from it when I normally get .5-1oz from it. I have no idea what is going on and am freaking out. Any idea what is going on and how do I fix this??????

Default Re: Nothing on right all of a sudden?!!!?

I've been pumping on this every 2 hours after feeding her...still not getting much. There isn't any pain in it and her poops have gotten smaller. I feel a hard lump on the right side but not sure if it is muscle or a plugged duct. There isn't any pain so thinking its just muscle. I've been pressing it as hard as I can in case it is.

Hard lump and sudden decrease in output sounds like a plugged duct. This link gives treatment suggestions: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

Don't freak out! Plugged ducts are a common occurence for nursing moms and are usually just an annoyance. But if you start seek gastritis symptoms (fever, aches and pains, chills, malaise, red streaks or patches on the skin of the breast, deep breast pain), then it's time to call the doc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I have been massaging the spot for 2 days and it still is hard so not sure what to do. I have been using heat massage and all that but still nothing. I barely get 10ml from it now and it's very annoying! Will this affect my supply? Is not having any pain normal with plugged ducts?