Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hygeia or Ameda?

Default Hygeia or Ameda?

I am in the process of deciding which breast pump to get through my insurance plan. I have it narrowed down to the Hygeia Enjoye or the Ameda Purely Yours. Does anyone have experience with these pumps and/or the ability to help me decide? I am 35 weeks and counting. I will be going back to work after about 3 months and plan to pump as much as possible at least for a few months after returning to work, (as long as everything is going well)...

Default Re: Hygeia or Ameda?

Are you going to be working full or part time?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I will be going back to work full time...unfortunately.

Okay, in that case I'd vote for the Hygeia. But take that with a grain of salt! I used the Ameda Purely Yours and while many moms seem to have good experiences with it, I found it to be underpowered. Good for a mom who is working part-time, maybe pumoing 1-2 times a day at most.

One nice thing about the Enjoye is that it is designed to be a multiple-use pump- so it's something you could potentially pass on to another mom someday.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Great! Thanks for the advice. I've been leaning toward the Hygeia anyway, just wasn't thrilled about having to get accessories/replacement parts (if needed) online.

I have to agree. The Ameda Purely Yours isn't as powerful for the need to pump 8 -10 times a day (since I am pumping to store so I can return to work full-time). I wish I had an option with my insurance. My insurance sent me what was covered and that was the Ameda.