Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best Bottle to use?

Default Best Bottle to use?

I am going to start pumping but what bottles are best? I've been EBF for 10 weeks now. I've already got a Dr Browns, and Tommee Tippee...

Cx

Default Re: Best Bottle to use?

Whichever bottle your baby will take! Has baby taken a bottle? Sometimes you have to try multiple different kinds. May as well start with the ones you have. Whichever you choose, use the slowest flow nipple available.

You never know what bottle baby is going to like. That is why I tell new moms that have a bunch of one type of bottle on their registry that they should only get one set, maybe of a few different types, then wait and see how it goes. Just make sure you get the slow flow nipples.

ETA: On a side note, breastfed babies don't need to upgrade to faster flow nipples as they get older. So once you find a bottle system that works you can keep the same nipples for their entire time on the bottle.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

We had to try a bunch of different ones because in the beginning most of them had too fast a flow. We found that the Medela slow flow nipples worked best and didn't leave the babies gagging or choking or covered in milk.

how do you like the Dr. Browns? I find it has so many parts to clean. I am also wondering what is the best bottle to use