Dear lactation experts,
I have a 6 weeks old son. I have been breastfeeding him since day one. I did not introduce him any expressed milk if not necessary.
1. While I am feeding him, he is very uncomfortable. I always assume that he swallow air. Than I burp him. But again, while he is feeding he starts crying. And after he finishes sucking and pulls himself out, he stays calm for seconds and starts crying.
2. He was used to be a pro of latching. Now he has difficult time initially (especially if he is awake but if he is sleepy he latches easier han he is awake.
3. He pulls out himself from my nipple during feeding. He does that n times...
4. His poop has sticky mucus. Sometimes mustard color with seeds sometimes it is greenish..
5. When I introduce him my expressed breast milk he drinks it fine. But I have to check his poop if it is sticky or not.
I was googling what could be the problem and I found two reasons for that either dairy allergy or foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.
I am a working mom and I will go back to work this monday. I do not want to loose the beautiful connection with my baby. His caregiver will give him expressed breast milk when I am at work but when I am home I want to enjoy breast feeding time with him.
Please help how to solve this problem and make my baby to enjoy feeding again. I really do not want to torture him.
Any advise is appreciated about this feeding problem and also pumping storing my expressed breast milk storage