Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice and support, 3 1/2 week old baby and teary mum.b

Default Re: advice and support, 3 1/2 week old baby and teary mum.b

Ok so my pump is being delivered today. I have not expressed yet and its 2pm but ive had dr appointments etc so ive been super busy. I got my doms today but only got 25 pills with no repeats.. :O i dont know how this is going to affect anything.

I really don't know anything about domperidone dosage. Have you checked out Jack Newman (Canadian pediatrician and breastfeeding expert) he has dom info on his site may be helpful not sure?

Remember the galactagogue of any kind, is just a helper. It's the frequent milk extraction/breast stimulation of pumping and/or nursing that is vital for building production.

also, at this point you're going to need to increase your production. so don't expect a magical solution the very first time you pump with the new pump ... it takes some getting used to, and your body needs to be cued to make more, so even getting a few drops at each pump the first day is a victory! keep pumping (again - milk needs to be removed 10 to 12 times per 24 hours!) and you'll get more.

i know you're crazy busy, but if you want this to work, you are not going to be able to wait until after 2 pm every day to pump.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.