Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long to wait after Xanax and Percocet?

Default How long to wait after Xanax and Percocet?

Hello

I am having a procedure done tomorrow which requires me to take a dose of Percocet and a dose of Xanax. They gave me rx for more Percocet to use after the procedure if its needed, but I think I'll just stick with ibuprofen. Are meds like this similar to alcohol, as in, once it's out of my system, it's out of my milk? As a typical work day, I'll pump before I leave in the morning at 7:30, and then I pump at 11:30. If I'm having the procedure at 9 am, I should dump the 11:30 pump, right? Will it be ok to let him nurse at 3:30?
    ~Sarah, momma to
    Gracie 7/2006
    Keira 12/2009
    Parker 2/2013

Default Re: How long to wait after Xanax and Percocet?

Hi mama, best thing to do is call InfantRisk and ask them: http://www.infantrisk.com/. They can give you detailed answers to your questions.

Default Re: How long to wait after Xanax and Percocet?

Percocet is considered safe while nursing. My doctors prescribed it for me after my delivery and the nurses brought it to me every four hours as needed in the hospital. The other moms I've talked to about it also took Percocet. I don't know about Xanax. You may want to call your pediatrician or OBGYN. Some medications stay in the system, while others are gone once the effects are gone.