Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Goal of two years reached!

Default Goal of two years reached!

I wanted to post this yesterday on my little guy's birthday but it was quite the busy day. We made it! I didn't know how I was going to like nursing a toddler when I set the goal two years ago but its been a beautiful and vital part of our relationship. I'm thoroughly grateful for the help I've received from LLL, first through The Woman Art of Breastfeeding, then through local meetings and these forums. The support of my husband has been essential as well. While he doesn't always agree with me, he respects breastfeeding as my choice. He did ask for a two year time limit on co sleeping. I told him he could take over night time parenting then which got the issue dropped Ds had other plans though and asked to do the book/nursing routine in his bedroom! I doubt he'll last the whole night alone but its progress!

Default Re: Goal of two years reached!

Congratulations!

Did your kid make it through the whole night in his own room, or did he come back to your bed?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congratulations! We're at 20 months and I never thought we'd make it past the first few weeks. It was one of the most difficult and stressful things in the beginning, and is now so normal.

Ha-ha, you and your LO should together come up with something you'd like your DH to stop doing in 2 years! That only seems fair.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

Congrats mama, that's wonderful!

Fabulous!!!!! What an accomplishment! I hope to join you there in 4 months.

Thanks everyone! No, mommal, he's made it 60-90 minutes 4 nights now before waking up and coming to our bed. Which is the reason we co sleep in the first place! He's also been napping in his own bed. Dh had only talked about a time limit early on in infancy. It was egged on by familial criticism: if you don't get him out now, you'll never get him out! Crying is good for him! Dh eventually stopped listening as the scare tactics always proved false. For example: for four months after ds began walking we kept hearing about what an awful habit we were creating by not forcing him into shoes. Lo and behold he picked out a pair he liked and has been happily wearing shoes since. Its really been a joke between us this last year. So I found it really amusing that HE chose THAT day to at least start the transition to big boy bed. Oh and I did get dh to stop drinking pop this month so he did give something up