Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding solids in the bath!

Lightbulb Feeding solids in the bath!

My 11-month-old DS likes to eat finger foods and refuses the spoon, but he's so messy that cleaning up afterwards is really a chore. So this evening I let him eat blueberries in the bathtub! I put him in the empty bathtub and he stood up by the side while I handed him blueberries one by one and when he was done eating, I threw out the three blueberries he had dropped into the bathtub, washed him off, and wiped down the edge of the bath with a washcloth. It was great! So much better than washing squished blueberries and juice off the floor and out of crevices in the highchair then carrying DS upstairs to his bath without getting blueberry juice all over my clothes or dropping food remnants onto the carpet. Feeding him in the bath went so well that I was shocked that I hadn't tried this sooner. So I wanted to see if anyone else out there is doing this or will give it a try now that I mentioned it. My little guy seemed happy to be out of his highchair and he may have eaten more than usual, too.

I loved feeding him in the bath! I usually have to hand him food one bite at a time or he crams all the food in his mouth at once, so there really wasn't any extra work this time. Just less cleanup!

I'll concede that fresh blueberries would probably make less of a mess than the previously frozen blueberries I used but DS doesn't have many teeth yet and these are more squishable.

Default Re: Feeding solids in the bath!

I love this idea! And my baby loves the tub....But I usually feed her while I eat, so I CAN eat while she is occupied...
    Hmmm. Maybe I will move my meals into the bathroom-at least when it's just me and her!

Very cute! My husband and I used to joke that we needed a room with a concrete floor and a drain in the middle, so we could just hose everything down after meals... Don't know why we didn't think of the bathtub!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

sounds like a great solution!!

i personally wouldn't bother with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*squirmama View Post
    ,I threw out the three blueberries he had dropped into the bathtub
    we've pretty much conditioned DS that he has to eat whatever he drops on the floor ... but others may have different styles!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

very creative! on the days when my LO is particularly enamored of gravity, i sort of want to put a drop cloth under his high chair. it's also the only time i ever wish we had a dog.

We've been happy in nice weather to eat outside on our deck so LO's food can be swept into the grass. She's still a career food thrower/dropper, and I'm sure the ants on our deck are well-fed. But feeding in the bath seems like an easy way to multi-task!
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

This caught my attention because last night we were so late eating that I was giving lo a bath while I ate my burrito and she always wants some of whatever I've got so I did give her some beans, which she loves, and it was a much easier cleanup than usual! haha