Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New BF position: mechanical bull rider

Talking New BF position: mechanical bull rider

So picture this - I'm in a big comfy glider, i arrange DD in football hold to start nursing on my right side. Suddenly her legs begin to move, she turns her body, she contracts her abs and yes, her feet are now on my thighs, her head is in downward dog, her butt is in the air, it wiggles left, it wiggles right and can you believe it? she hasn't unlatched for a second! Then she starts to bounce - knees bend a little, then straighten, bounce bounce bounce, an arm shoots out and begins to wave in the air (like she just don't care). That's the balancing arm right? Or maybe just a bit of showbabyship. The latch remains secure. I'm fearing for my life, er, my nipple. Ladies, we have a future mechanical bull rider.

Ah ya gotta love your developing almost 11 month old.

Anyone else or just me?
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: New BF position: mechanical bull rider

Ummm, I've got to say that beats any acrobatics I've experienced!

My soon to be 7 month old has done something very similar to this to me, just without the free arm, ha! She has been bounce nursing on me a lot lately. Jumper? Who needs that, we just bounce on mom!

She also will sit on my belly and faceplant forward onto a breast while I am laying on the floor...she's a very acrobatic nurser.

my DS's favorite position was to rotate from sidelying so that he had his diaper square on my face, reachign his hands back down under his body to throttle my neck. it was hilarious but it was NOT *my* favorite nursing position!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sonogirl View Post
    My soon to be 7 month old has done something very similar to this to me, just without the free arm, ha! She has been bounce nursing on me a lot lately. Jumper? Who needs that, we just bounce on mom!

She also will sit on my belly and faceplant forward onto a breast while I am laying on the floor...she's a very acrobatic nurser.
    All too familiar with the on the floor belly flop face plant.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

LOVE THESE POSTS!! and look forward to what my LO will do as he gets older
    Happy Mama of 4 beautiful boys ages 14, 10, 7 and the newest member of the family:
    Damian Gabriel 2/13/13 , , twice a day at work, and finally successfully. We never gave up and we are as happy as can be !!

Ya know I was just thinking about asking what positions everyone uses for their ever growing babies. I've still be always using the cradle hold (I think that's what its called, I hold her in my arms on her side with her front against my belly). Sometimes she twists her body so she is on her stomach and then gets in a crawl position while latched but then usually unlatches and crawls away. I've also been having trouble getting her down for her naps again. I had been nursing her to sleep lying down but last week when I tried to lay down beside her to start nursing she did this same thing. I had to hold her cradled in my arms, start nursing, and then lay us both down on our sides once she relaxed and closed her eyes. This was very uncomfortable for me because I ended up with my arm under her head and couldn't move without waking her. Any suggestions ladies?
    ~Chrissy~

First time mother to Avery Grace 7/17/2012

I haven't been able to nurse my DD (almost 10 months) lying down while she's awake for a couple months now. She just rolls over and tries to crawl away, thinks it's a game! I still do sort of use the cradle hold most of the time, but I don't always have my arms under her - usually I have my legs tucked up supporting her. Sometimes I'll have her straddle my lap. Sometimes while I'm laying in bed, I'll hold her on my chest (like in a cradle position) until she falls asleep, then I can gently lower her to the bed. Hope this helps, Chrissy!

My little one is 11 months (today!) and we still mostly nurse in the cradle position as well. We do still use the boppy for naps and nighime.

I have my ipad set up handsfree so I can read a novel handsfree while she luxuriosly nurses to sleep. I try to keep one arm under her head with the other free. Once she falls asleep and I gently remove my nipple from her mouth, I will snuggle her close, sssh her and gently lay her down in her crib. She tends to just barely open her eys, but if I have her lovey close by she will usually fall right to sleep

She doesn't sleep very well in the bed with my husband and I, but sometimes in the early morning, I can get her to side lie only if she is very sleepy, otherwise she is just too busy.

I do find she is getting better with language, so our cue is "K, do you want to nurse?" she then starts pulling my shirt and face planting until I get her started. If I have her on the boppy with her sleepsack on & nursing, she usually gets the point that it is time to nap!

Hope this helps -- we still use alot of sleep cues