Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early weaning? :*(

Default Re: Early weaning? :*(

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*karrieperry View Post
    And I'm guessing I should keep the solids to an absolute minimum since we're trying to work on our relationship?
    I don't think there's anything magical about the 6 month mark when it comes to offering solids. If you want to give exclusive nursing a little more time, no harm in starting solids at 6.5 months or 7 months or even later. As I'm sure you know, solids at this point is for practice with new tastes, textures and motor skills. She'll have plenty of time for that. On the other hand, I also doubt that giving her a teaspoon of solids will affect your nursing relationship. But if you feel more comfortable waiting, then by all means wait!

ETA: I've personally also really liked doing baby-led solids!

I am in disbelief...but I tried just a regular cradle position with baby in the rocking chair and she's eaten twice like that so far today! The second time I was quite full and she was eating really well, I can't believe it! If any of you have been stuck in one position for months I'm sure you can appreciate how much this means to me.

I think teething is part of the issue, we tried a little tylenol and that seemed to help as well. I did notice her eating more last night than usual. Thanks again, feeling better.
    and Mama to two little girls

Yay! That's great!!!