Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Frequent night wakings

Default Frequent night wakings

Hello ladies!

So, the diarrhea stopped!(for those who read my previous post), yay for normal poops!

I mentioned in my previous post that my DD has been very fussy, specially at nightime. I thought it was part of the tummy problems, but she now that they stopped... I don't know what's going on...

She used to wake twice a night and nursed back to sleep. Now she wakes up (screaming!) about 4 times and after nursing she usually gets fussy, rolls around in the bed for a while, cries some more, then rolls some more, and then falls asleep. We started co-sleeping (she's actually sleeping with us in our bed) because I just got tired of getting up and getting her from the crib, even though her crib is in our bedroom too! It was just too many wakings! She used to sleep pretty good in her crib (well... pretty good, y'all know what that means ).

It can be her teeth coming... I guess... she just had her 1yr checkup and her ears were fine and she doesn't have any congestion.

Has anyone had something similar with a 1+ year old? I am ready for her to sleep longer! But she's never been a great sleeper, so... that's probably not gonna happen...

Oh! and does anyone have one of those 2in1 crib matresses that have 2 sides? one for infants and one for toddlers? When did you turn it to the toddler side?

Thanks!

Default Re: Frequent night wakings

Could be her first molars. My LO is cutting his now at 13 months old and has been doing lost of this:
    after nursing she usually gets fussy, rolls around in the bed for a while, cries some more, then rolls some more
    as well as just nursing endlesssssssly some nights. Feel around her gums if she will let you. Or try giving her some Tylenol or Motrin when she is being fussy at night, if it gets you a 3-4 hour stretch then likely it is her teeth bothering her.

Does it remind you of when her 1st teeth broke at 6 months only worse? If so then yes. We have all been through 1st year molars. And they are a bear. They generally take 4-6 weeks to break. So ummm...yeah. Expect it to get worse before it gets better. Sorry mama.
    And go from crib to toddler bed when the baby is big enough to try to climb out and is at risk of hurting themselves.

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks mamas!
    So yes, I guess is the teeth. She does spend most of the time chewing on her hands. I thought it was that my 1st period returned, and that was making her fussy...
    I've been dealing with teething since she was 4mo, so... but this is so much worse!

Yeah because they ARE BIG HOLES being dug in the back of her mouth. And she is like "WTH is going on. I NEED MAH MAMA!" Try to deal with empathy. And Motrin. And Hylands...and when you feel the resentment building, tell your partner you NEED some space. As your childs demands on you go up, so does your need to ask for help and support. Be open about that. HTH!

Way too lazy for formula

Ouch! The molars/canines are rough. I remember from not so long ago 6 night wakings being the norm.

Smoothies made with frozen fruits were especially popular with my son when he was teething. His tolerance for foods that required chewing went way down, and a smoothie or two a day enriched with some whey protein offset some of his heavy nursing needs as the teeth broke. HTH and good luck! This too shall pass.

WTH is going on. I NEED MAH MAMA!
    I wish she could talk... and she'd probably say something like that but probably in spanglish (we're trying the bilingual stuff since she was born). She does say mamamam but her favorite word right now is papa and something that sounds like eelaree eelaree laree

How do you give smoothies to a 1yr old? just in her sippy? My girl doesn't know how to sip thru a straw yet...

Thanks y'all!

And... any other tips for molar teething? She never got the teething rings idea, or any or the teethers for that matter... so I have lived with her chewing on everything else she finds (like the rubber from the coffee table bumpers, legs of chairs, and any other toy not meant to be for teething...)

Momsicles. You pump and then put you milk into ice cube trays and then pop one in a mesh feeder for her to knaw on.

Way too lazy for formula