Re: 9 week old pooping green, not watery or foamy, oversup
Welcome to the forum!
Can you tell us how old your baby is? And if you're seeing any symptoms of oversupply (because that's what foremilk/hindmilk imbalance is) other than some green poops? A history of weight gain would also be useful.
Signs of high supply include things like:
- mom frequently feels engorged or full
- mom may leak a lot
- mom may experience a strong letdown sensation (if she is one of those moms who experiences a letdown sensation)
- baby may be very gassy
- baby may cough, gag, splutter, or make a click or cluck noise while nursing
- baby may pull off the breast while nursing
- if baby pulls off the breast while nursing, mom may observe milk spraying or squirting from the breast
In general, you don't want to block feed unless the baby's poops are CONSISTENTLY green, not just for 24 hours but for weeks at a time. The occasional green poop or bout of gassiness is nothing to worry about.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"