Re: Thrush ??
Welcome to the forum!
A "30 second sizzle" when baby first latches on is not uncommon nor necessarily abnormal. It's the sensation of the nipple landing a bit too shallow in the baby's mouth, underneath the hard palate, and then being sucked back into the ideal position on the back of the baby's tongue, under the soft palate.
Some questions for you:
- How would you describe the pain- more of a pinching or more of a burning?
- Do you notice any changes on the skin of the nipple- blisters, blebs, cracks, shiny or flaky skin? How about nipple skin appearing more red/pink than normal?
- Have you had a recent course of antibiotics, including for GBS at birth?
- Have you had a recent yeast infection anywhere on your body? Has baby had a yeast diaper rash?
- Have you ever noticed the skin of the nipple blanching (turning white) or perhaps blanching and then turning bluish-purple before returning to a normal color?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"