Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on vacation- time to wean?

Default Re: Going on vacation- time to wean?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ndilemma View Post
    I certainly won't be pump-pump-pumping while I'm gone. The whole point is to get some much needed away time with my hubby and that might ruin the mood I'll do what I can with the time that I have, and if my milk production comes to a halt and we aren't able to return to nursing when I'm home, so be it. We've made it 13 months- 14 months by the time we leave. That is longer than I made it with any of the other 3 children. I'm pretty proud of making it this far. I'd be sad to have it end earlier than I'd imagined, but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
    If you are OK with the possibility of weaning (and I'm sorry if my previous post implied that you shouldn't be, it's none of my business!) then you won't have to pump as much but you should bring your pump and be diligent about staying comfortable because the last thing you'd want is to be dealing with a plugged duct or, worse, mastitis.
    Have a great time!

I would opt to take a vacation at a later time, tempting though the vacation might seem now, or to organize a separate family vacation that doesn't necessitate separation. That's a lot of time to be away for a child nursing so frequently, and I imagine it will be quite an unpleasant experience for your child to have nursing halt so abruptly.

(Deleted an accidental double post.)