Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Adversion

Default Nursing Adversion

Wanted to get others input on the above; I have been feeling creepy-crawly at about noon of a day when my daughter wants to nurse, I actually thought I was pregnant but I am in the middle of a period, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case! So my question is this: Will a menstrual cycle cause me not to want my toddler to nurse? If so, is this natures way of ttc?
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Default Re: Nursing Adversion

With my last period, my supply dropped pretty noticeably, and especially on my less productive breast, I found it unpleasant to nurse at that time - it felt like I was "nursing dry." Right now I'm on my period again and I'm not having that sensation, but my supply didn't drop as much (I was also coming off of several weeks of being sick and exhausted at the time of my previous period, so I think that played into the low supply as well). I'm sure there may be hormonal factors at play as well. I don't know that its nature's way of ttc, though - if you're already ovulating what difference does it make if you're nursing or not in terms of your body being ready to conceive?

Not that I'd like ttc, but I am curious; merely wanting some opinions on my aversions--anyone else have these feelings while menstruating? Is this par for the course? Thanks
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

It could be your cycle. Just like in pregnancy, certain hormonal shifts during your period can cause feelings of irritation/anxiety, sometimes even tenderness and pain.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

it's the funniest thing: i am having a period but i have a pregnant belly; i'm tall n lean and its very pronounced--have an appt fri
    Katie Elena 8/24/11