Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Could my baby be biting me?

Default Could my baby be biting me?

Hi,
    On Friday I noticed that my left nipple had a crack in it. I applied Lansinoh and it has been healing. But today I noticed more cracks on the same nipple. So I'm wondering, could my baby be biting down on just that side? The right nipple has no problems at all so I'm having her nurse on the right first and left second just to have less pressure on that nipple. That nipple has always had more pain since I started nursing my tiwns, but the cracks are new.

Thanks!

Default Re: Could my baby be biting me?

Cracks plural, not just one single crack? To me that sounds infectious- thrush or bacteria.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

The crack I noticed Friday was the only one. Today I saw what may be cracking but I can't tell and it doesn't hurt the way the crack on Friday did.

Yes but the pain since day one sounds more like latch...of course, it could be both.
    do you switch sides or does each baby have her own side?

I switch. But I'm also now thinking my pump may be turned up too high and is what is hurting the nipple. I just turned it down and am going to keep an eye on it.

I haven't had any problems on the right side at all.

But I'm also now thinking my pump may be turned up too high and is what is hurting the nipple.
    ok I hope that is it as that is an easy fix. This can happen a lot, that it is the pump or pump setting injuring mom.

Also you may need a different size flange/shell whatever you call it for each side. Wrong size flange can cause pain.

I've got an appointment with the pediatrician on Tuesday too sowe can evaluate thrush or anything else.