Re: fussy baby while at breast
This really does sound like a fast letdown issue, and if that's what it is, reclining while nursing is the first thing you want to try.
Symptoms of oversupply and fast letdowns:
- Mom frequently feels full or engorged
- Mom leaks a lot
- Mom feels a strong letdown sensation (if she is one of the moms who experience the letdown sensation)
- If pumping, mom will be able to pump a lot of milk with ease
- Baby chokes, coughs, gags, splutters, or making a slicking or clucking sound when nursing
- Baby feeds rapidly, perhaps in as little as 5-10 minutes
- Baby may pull off the breast during feedings
- If baby pulls off the breast while nursing, mom may observe milk squirting or streaming from the breast
- Baby may "slide down" or "clamp down" onto the nipple while nursing
- Baby's poops may be consistently or frequently green or greenish
- Baby may gain weight very well
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"