Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drying Up?

Default Re: Drying Up?

Well, the bottle says "This antibiotic may affect the effectiveness of birth control", so.............I'm pretty sure I am pregnant; the antibiotic is ammoxicilian. I will know next week and I'll let everyone know Thanks to all who offered input/support.
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*newboob View Post
    Well, the bottle says "This antibiotic may affect the effectiveness of birth control", so.............I'm pretty sure I am pregnant; the antibiotic is ammoxicilian.
    It's boilerplate language.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Update for you all: I started a period this morning; it's very very light so it could be implantation bleeding; I'll test this week and let u know. dd is nursing again and again i'm bothered.....................what 2 do?
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

About being bothered by nursing? Or about the light period?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

About the aggravated nursing; is this normal? Also, the bleeding is super light..........so I thought the nursing/aggravation was related to this "cycle"; I don't know, I feel like I'm losing my mind My toddler is napping right now so maybe I'll figure it out...................time will tell
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Just wondered if any of you had any thoughts on my situation of nursing an almost two year old; started bizarre cycles..............or preggers.............anyone?
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Totally normal for nursing to become aggravating at a certain point. Often it becomes more annoying during certain parts of your cycle.
    Your choices for dealing with nursing aggravation are:
    1. Wean partially or completely.
    2. Limit nursing in ways that makes it bearable for you- for example, limit the toddler's time at the breast, the places where nursing can take place (e.g. yes at home, no in the middle of the grocery store), or the behaviors that are permissible while nursing (e.g. twiddling).
    3. Continue to nurse as before, but find ways to make yourself less annoyed- for example, deep breathing, mantras, distractions.

Which choice you make is up to you!

ETA: what do you mean by "bizarre" cycles?

thank u 4 the pointers; i plan on using them right now i'm sure i'm not the 1st woman 2 feel this way and i'm only irritated until my milk drops as soon as the breast is empty, like now, i start 2 feel irrirtated once again--arghh! is this typical? she just turned 21 months. re: cycles; my first post preg period returned when s he was 16 months; i had 2 normal periods, then a strange period........last month then this that doesnt feel like a period..........like i said irritation
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

"Strange" isn't specific enough. Was it a longer cycle than normal, shorter than normal, more or less bleeding than normal, bleeding midcycle, an unusual amount of cervical mucus? Those cues- and others- can help pinpoint what, if anything, is going on.

I'll elaborate, sorry: Okay, it was early and very lite; then the next month, nothing, then this light period...........I have a scheduled appoitnment and I'll know more then, I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced weird cycles afterr nursing that long. Thankyou mommal
    Katie Elena 8/24/11