Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: GAS?

Default GAS?

my LO is 4 1/2 months and has seemed to be a baby with a lot of gas that upsets her and seems painful since about 1 month. I have been exclusively breastfeeding since birth. she is gaining weight appropriately.she is having bowel movement about every 3-4 days and then will have 2-3 stools on the 3 or 4 day. i possibly have overproduction and a fast let down? any suggestions on helping her with gas pain?

Default Re: GAS?

I have a gassy 5.5 monther. He'll be fussy and we'll go through the list: hungry? tired? dirty? wet? Sometimes it's just a big toot he needs to get out. Baby Gas drops (we use the Little Tummies dye free) definitely help. My husband also puts our son into a very specific hold that helps him relieve the gas. And we also lie him on his back and rock his knees into his chest.

Default Re: GAS?

Good suggestions from the PP.

One thing that helped my kids when they hadn't pooped for a while was to put them in a warm bath right after nursing them. The upright position and warm water really helped get things moving, IYKWIM! Of course, then I had to scrub the tub...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"