I'm looking for advice regarding how to increase my milk supply after a month of failed weaning attempts. My baby is 9 months old and I was planning to go back to work next month. Since pumping was not a convenient solution, I decided to wean him off breastfeeding and slowly gave him formula. I eventually stopped nursing him during the day (10am-6pm) for two weeks. But since he never took any formula nor did he suck on the bottle, I decided to delay my return to work. However, my supply has been largely affected by the weaning process. I tried pumping to see how much I was producing and only got 2 ounces from both breasts in 15 minutes! When my baby sucks, it sounds like he's getting some milk though he always prefers to play rather than nurse during the day. My breasts are also really soft all the time. My baby has lost some weight and is wetting only about 6 diapers instead of 8-10 as he previously did. I'm desperate to increase my milk supply but am I too late? Please help!!
Some background info:
- starting today, I'm trying to nurse more frequently
- my baby is not a good night sleeper so he nurses 3-4 times a night a wakes up with a very full diaper
- I've started drinking milk maid tea again and is trying to eat healthy and watching my stress level
- I'm not taking any medications, supplements and have never had any surgery on my breasts
- my baby eats 3 solid meals a day. He weighs 18 lbs.