Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10-months, should I stop worrying already?

Default 10-months, should I stop worrying already?

Hi All,

I recently discovered I had excess lipase but after a week of scalding milk, baby still is a finicky milk drinker. Sometimes she drinks the whole 2 oz bottle, sometimes not (whether it's soapy or not!). She eats solids 2x day and nurses 5 x (twice before bed and 3 night feedings). If she's eating cheese & yogurt daily, should I just not worry about her milk intake anymore? Other mamas mentioned that if LO is 1-yr and nursing 3-5x/day, then additional dairy supplement is not necessary -- is 10-months close enough to 1-yr? She's 75% in weight at her 9-month check-up.

thanks in advance for your insight and advice

Also, LO has no teeth but I want to start giving some protein, any suggestions? we do BLS and some purees (mostly sweet potato/butternut squash).

Default Re: 10-months, should I stop worrying already?

Do you notice she's a more eager nurser at night? It's common for a 10-month-old baby to be super-distractible and not eat much during the day, and make up for it with more intense and/or more frequent nursing during the night. That said, she does not nurse all that frequently per 24 hours. Still, if she's continuing to gain weight appropriately, it's very possible that she gets all the calories she needs in those 5 nighttime feedings. It never hurts to keep offering frequently during the day as well, though! There isn't too much else you can do anyway, right?

You can do soft meats - like shredded boiled chicken or bits of soft beef (like from a stew). My LO was a late teether (still only has 4 teeth as 14 month) but she handled all that just fine and it's very self-feedable. You can also offer non-meat protein like beans.

Default Re: 10-months, should I stop worrying already?

thank you for the assurance. yes, she is very distracted during the day, crawling everywhere. i'm just not going to sweat it anymore. i think i just needed a veteran mom to say its alright