Re: Spitting up/Vomiting any ideas or help?
The 5 minute feeds every 30 minute recommendation is, for lack of a better word, weird. And definitely don't do bottles at this point- that's a whole new headache that you just don't need!
Symptoms of oversupply:
- Baby may feed rapidly, in as little as 5-10 minutes
- Baby may fuss at the breast
- Baby may get full from just one breast
- Baby may "slide up" or "clamp down" on the nipple while nursing
- Baby may cough, gag, splutter, or produce a click or cluck sound while nursing
- Baby may pull off the breast while nursing
- If baby pulls off the breast while a letdown is occurring, mom may see milk squirting or streaming from the breast
- Mom may feel full or engorged fairly frequently
- Mom may leak a lot
- Mom may be able to pump multiple oz of milk with ease, if pumping
- Baby may gain weight fairly rapidly
- Baby may produce poops which are frequently or consistently green or greenish
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"