Re: Plugged duct?
Welcome to the forum!
Shooting pains in the breast, particularly when they occur in between feedings, make me think of 2 things: bacterial infection and thrush. Some questions for you:
- Did you ever notice a blister on the skin of the nipple? See http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipplebleb/
- What does the crack look like- is it a little hole, is it a slit-like crack, or is it a large wound that gapes larger after nursing or pumping?
- Have you noticed any symptoms of mastitis (fever, chills, aches and pains, malaise, red streaks or patches on the skin of the breast)?
- Have you recently had a yeast infection or a course of antibiotics?
- Any changes to the skin of your breast, including nipples which appear more red/pink/shiny than normal, skin appearing very dry, cracked, flaking, or peeling?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"