Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems feeding my 10 week old baby

Default Re: problems feeding my 10 week old baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kt.mum View Post
    I sometimes have felt like giving up because my lo would get so upset feeding very often and its felt like it is stressing me and her out.
    Don't let the stress get to you. It's okay to be stressed from time to time. It won't hurt either you or the baby in the long run.

How would you assess your milk supply overall? Is it about right, or is it more than baby needs?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I think my supply might be high, as I feel quite full more often than I did but that is prob because she is feeding less often - I used to feed her every 2 hours during the day but now she sometimes goes 4 hours during the day. I read on Kelly mom that some babies seek comfort after they have finished their feed and don't want more milk - they get fussy when the milk comes through. Think this might explain it. I was always looking forward to the time when feeding sped up a bit but funny how it has completely thrown me as to what is going on.

Yes, I remember when my first baby went from 40-60 minute feedings to 5-10 minute feedings. I had SO been looking forward to feedings getting faster, but when it happened I didn't know what to do with myself or with her! I had gotten used to long sessions of nursing and reading novels, and all of a sudden I couldn't read more than a couple of pages before needing to entertain her in some other way!

Fast letdowns can definitely cause fussy feedings and a dislike of "comfort" nursing. Have you tried feeding baby in a reclined position? And how has her weight gain been so far?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"