Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost 6 mo, not wanting to nurse

Default Re: Almost 6 mo, not wanting to nurse

Connectikate and Karrie, thanks, I think you all are at least partially right about the flow but somehow it is still in her head as she has refused with milk running down her face, though she was obviously hungry. I have struggled with supply. This afternoon I lay down with her as we do happily every am. She was hungry but refused to nurse, yet would grin happily at me with an "aw shucks" expression.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*catvet View Post
    Connectikate and Karrie, thanks, I think you all are at least partially right about the flow but somehow it is still in her head as she has refused with milk running down her face, though she was obviously hungry. I have struggled with supply. This afternoon I lay down with her as we do happily every am. She was hungry but refused to nurse, yet would grin happily at me with an "aw shucks" expression.
    This makes me think it's teething or something else...my baby just cut her two bottom teeth, they are almost up (I can see them) and she does this same exact thing. Then like 30 min later she wolfs down a huge meal. Sigh. I've given up trying to figure it out sometimes! The other thing I'm thinking is that maybe she is just holding out until she's famished, my baby does that if there is a lot of interesting stuff going on. Do you mean low supply struggles or over supply? I guess as long as they eat at some point during the day and are gaining well that's the best we can hope for...although it would be nice for it to be less confusing!
    and Mama to two little girls

Karrie, interesting that you see the same behavior and my daughter is working on the same two teeth. I can see how those teeth could affect the latch. Thanks for sharing. In answer to your question, I have struggled with low supply--never had any to freeze and have to supplement with formula. I pump 10-20oz a day from 5-7 sessions.