Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some reassurance and help- confidence shaken

Default Re: Need some reassurance and help- confidence shaken

I'm definitely not an expert, but this sounds a lot like what happened with my baby. Your baby's diaper output does sound great, so I agree with the previous posts that this might be both a confidence issue and perhaps a fast letdown? Have you tried nursing in a side lying position? This helped us so much and actually we still only nurse in that position.

My baby would be up for hours and hours during the day (sleeping less than my toddler!), she wanted to nurse to sleep but I had so much milk that she couldn't comfort nurse. She would just get blasted with milk spray! It took a long time for that to change, now at almost 5 months things are better.

I know how difficult the early weeks and months are, I was just there! Know that we are all here to help you.
    and Mama to two little girls

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Oh, he's crying just 2-3 times a day? That's really nothing! Babies who are starvingly hungry tend to be inconsolable a lot more oftenthan that!
    so true
    and Mama to two little girls

Thanks everyone.

I rented a scale last night and the baby took in almost 3oz after a feeding and weighs 8lbs 11 oz! I know scales can be different but he's definitely not losing weight.

I'm going to practice side lying position today and focus on the fact that his output is good and stop worrying (easier said than done).

I am not going to weigh after each feeding so I don't become number obsessed but ill weigh him every few days to see if he's gaining weight until we go back to dr office in two weeks. It will help reassure me.

I really appreciate your responses and encouragement.

Well I hope you are feeling more confident with that great before and after a feeding weight check! That sounds very good!
    You can't STOP worrying. Mommas worry ALL THE TIME. Just don't think you need to DO anything about whatever is worrying you until you have solid evidence something needs to be done.
    Please let us know if you have more questions!