Re: irritability and also positioning problem
Welcome to the forum!
The behavior you describe could be teething. Many babies begin to experience discomfort from teething long before the teeth are visible in the gums.
Do you happen to have a lot of milk? Sometimes babies become fussy nursers when their moms have very abundant milk supplies, because the more milk you have the faster it comes out. Some symptoms of overabundant supply:
- Baby nurses very quickly, sometimes in just 5-10 minutes
- Mom feels engorged or full fairly frequently
- Mom leaks a lot
- Mom feels a strong letdown sensation
- Mom may be able to pump a lot of milk with very little effort, if she is pumping
- Baby may fuss at the breast
- Baby may cough, gag, splutter, or make a click or cluck noise while nursing
- Baby may "slip up" or "clamp down" on the nipple while nursing
- Baby may pull off the breast while nursing
- If baby pulls off the breast, mom may see milk stream or squirt from the breast
- Baby may be very gassy
- Baby may go have poops which are frequently or consistently green
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"