Re: Desperate for advice
As long as diaper output continues to be normal, I think you're okay. It can't come out if it didn't go in, right?
Some possible explanations for what you're experiencing:
- Everything is totally normal, and you've simply lost your letdown sensation as your body has adjusted to making just the right amount of milk, and no more. If this is the case, the baby's fussy nursing behavior may be explained by him having to get used to a more hard-to-get-at letdown, and the solution is to tough it out and let him figure out how to generate the letdown he wants.
- Your period is about to return, and you're having a temporary dip in supply related to that. Even if it doesn't come back this month, you could be experiencing some of the hormonal fluctuations associated with the menstrual cycle.
- Your baby is fussy due to teething (what 8 month old isn't teething? ).
- Your baby is fussy due to illness- babies who have ear infections or other ailments often nurse less and act fussy about it.
- There's absolutely nothing wrong with the baby, and he's just in an extremely distractible and impatient phase.
- You're pregnant...? Or perhaps taking a hormonal contraceptive that's impacting supply?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"