Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dropping lunchtime nursing in 15 month old- need advice

Default Dropping lunchtime nursing in 15 month old- need advice

Hi All,

My lo is 15 months old and nursing on demand day and night and eating lots of solids. She is at a daycare now and they feed her two full meals and two snacks during the day. I work full time but have been nursing her at around noon each day.

I think I'm ready to drop the midday nursing. I don't think she [I]needs[I] that mid day nursing, especially since she eats so well at daycare and although I love my time out with her for a few minutes, I would like my work time back too as work has gotten a little more complicated lately.

I have gone to nurse her once or twice and because she was napping, I didn't get to. So my question if I want to drop this nursing, should I do it slowly, or do you think I can I just pick a date and stop going to see her at lunch?

Any thoughts?
    I'm Elizabeth, I'm an international teacher-librarian , currently working (on maternity leave) in Brazil.

Sofia Kerala, born Jan. 6, 2012, planned homebirth. Self-weaned @ 2 years 8 months.
    Noah Lucas & Ethan Gabriel born March 15th, 2015, unplanned, but perfect homebirth. Currently learning the tandem bfing ropes.

We are happily , , , and .

Default Re: Dropping lunchtime nursing in 15 month old- need advice

Hi mama, I think at this point you can just stop. You can take your pump to work with you just in case you feel full but I really, really doubt that it will be a problem at this point. Especially if you didn't have a problem the days that she slept through that midday nursing.

DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Thanks ladies! My little lady and I are both under the weather so I think I might wait till next week, but good to know it should all be OK!
    I'm Elizabeth, I'm an international teacher-librarian , currently working (on maternity leave) in Brazil.

Sofia Kerala, born Jan. 6, 2012, planned homebirth. Self-weaned @ 2 years 8 months.
    Noah Lucas & Ethan Gabriel born March 15th, 2015, unplanned, but perfect homebirth. Currently learning the tandem bfing ropes.

We are happily , , , and .

Elizabeth,

I had the same situation and I did what you did, I slowly stopped the mid-day nursing except when they (I have twin girls) were sick or had a cold, then I would nurse during the day while in day care. Too many germs there not to!

Elizabeth
    Happy mommy of 4 year old boy and twin girls who are 2, EBF.