Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastitis-help

Default Re: Mastitis-help

Ellen, can you post some references for all this? It would be great to have a collection of them here!

(You know, in your copious spare time. )
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Ellen, can you post some references for all this? It would be great to have a collection of them here!

(You know, in your copious spare time. )
    I will work on it. I just reviewed this topic because I had a patient with a breast feeding related abscess -- if you look at the primary literature the recommendations are clear; it's just old, bad information that gets propagated. I'll try to put something together.
    Ellen

Mama-surgeon;
    DS Ethan 12/16/2008
    Breast fed/pumped 11 months as a surgical resident, 80 hours a week at work
    DS Abram Daniel 12/20/2012
    Feel like we've gotten a strong start

Thank you for all the helpful information, on Monday afternoon breast surgeon only did physical examination, I was extremely tender in the area. She never said there was an abscess present but did say she felt a big lump. Yesterday afternoon she called me to ask how I was doing and I told her it was the same, painful and quite swollen. I have been taking the antibiotic and some Morton for pain. She has scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to see if there is an abscess and time for an aspiration if needed. I did tell her that I was still pumping. I contacted peds who isn't happy that I was put on bactrum DS,he also told me to continue to pump as much as I could. Today the pain is a little less but still there. I can't wait for ultrasound tomorrow and hopefully this will resolve soon. I do still pump with pain and milk supply there is very low.

OK please keep us posted maddysmom.

For drug questions as they relate to breastmilk, you can call these folks on weekdays : www.infantrisk.com

I will definitely let you know what happens tomorrow. Thank you