Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Searing pain in one nipple

Default Searing pain in one nipple

For a couple days, on my left nipple, there has been what appears as a clear blister. At first, I thought maybe my baby having her first tooth was what was making it painful for her to nurse on that side, but then I realized that should not be an issue. Then I found the blister. The pain is searing when she latches on, and only becomes bearable throughout, but still hurts. The other side doesn't hurt at all, which leads me to question thrush...

Could it just be a blister? I don't think it's a plugged duct, because I don't feel any lumps or hardness. Just the surface blister on the very tip of the nipple.

It's very very sore!
    Breastfeeding stay-at-home mama of a 16-month-old daughter.

Default Re: Searing pain in one nipple

Yes, this could definitely be just a blister. They hurt! If you don't feel a plug, that's good- it implies that the blister isn't blocking a duct. If you hand express, do you see milk bead up over the area of the blister?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Searing pain in one nipple

Yeah! I did see that. The blister has gone away and it stopped hurting for a bit but now it's sore again. But there's no blister. I used to have vasospasm in my nipples in the beginning. It almost feels like that. Could it be if my bra is too tight and rubbing me? I know that can't be the reason. It could only exacerbate if. But it hurts sometimes when my baby latches or after she eats.
    Breastfeeding stay-at-home mama of a 16-month-old daughter.