Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breastfeeding Problems

Default Re: Breastfeeding Problems

He is on solids now and gets 1 meal of solid meal at daycare...typically he is ready for me to nurse him when we get unless a nap has gotten in the way .
    I will start doing one night feeding in the middle of the night as long as he wakes up. I pump before bed because typically if you wake him and he is tired he won't eat when tired.
    I planned on trying 3 pumps at work but so far this week I have not been successful due to a busy work schedule. I thank everyone for the suggestions and will try them all.

OK great, hope some of these strategies work for you.

If you want to kick start your supply back to where you were, I would suggest a nursing vacation paired with a galactagogue like more milk plus by mother love. I have always had supply problems and when I experienced big decreases for whatever reason, a good two days of focused nursing every other hour at least and that more milk plus several times a day always worked well. There are teas that help too like mothers milk tea. It comes down to frequency and focus, add in some extra help from galactagogues and you'll be back to normal soon. The more milk plus also helped me majorly with let down. I hadn't ever seen it while pumping until I used that stuff. Once you add in a night session and another pumping session, or even offer casually a snack before bed or a few minutes before going into daycare will work wonders.

Hope you have success with your supply!
    Long time wannabe Momma. First time actual Momma.

-candice -

Where do you get the more milk plus? I have tried mother's milk tea I usually drink some everyday and I have not noticed much of a difference. This weekend I plan on nursing as much as he will let me

With that tea, you have to drink A LOT. I drank 6-8 cups a day. I made it all in a tea pot and once the tea cooled I dranknit as iced tea. It gets a little old after a while but that is what I did to noticeable increase supply. The motherlove more milk plus is available at holistic grocery stores and all over the place online. I ordered from amazon the 8oz size and its the best price around. The tincture with alcohol is awful tasting so you can get the alcohol free if you are like me and alcohol gives you the gag reflex. Sorry I hadn't responded, was out of town.

Has your supply increased much over the weekend? How did the nursing vacation go? Also if you do end up drinking the tea a lot, its also available on amazon in bulk. I would go through 6 boxes (the bulk quantity) in a month. I have low supply though, you may not heed long term intervention.

-candice -

Oh I was only drinking 1 or 2 cups a day so that might be part of my problem. I tried to nurse him every 2 hours but he wouldn't nurse for long...sometimes 10 minutes total sometimes more sometimes less. I always nurse before he gets solids.
    I will be off of work next week plan to nurse him the entire time and hope that helps.
    I will try to find the motherlove more milk plus. Found it online may just order it that way.

Thanks for checking in

How many bags did you use for one pot of tea?

1bag per cup. I have a 6 cup tea pot so I would just fill it totally, add the bags and cover, steeping for 10 minutes before chucking the bags. Squeeze the bags really good before you toss em though...gets all the good stuff out. Drink before every nursing session if you can. Keep up your night feedings and you'll be back on track. Also, make sure to nurse each side at least a few times...that really encourages more tiny letdowns after the main one, that helps when my son wants to quit...switching gets him re -interested with the extra letdowns.
    So glad you can focus on nursing for a whole week...what a blessing! You're doing a great thing and your baby will benefit so much! Good job!

-candice -

Well the week's vacation seemed to do the trick . Almost back to where I was. Also trying to drink 3 -4 cups of tea a day but I think the time off nursing like crazy did the trick...now to keep it up while back to work.