Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exclusively Pumping For 1yr old

Default Exclusively Pumping For 1yr old

Hi there fellow pumping Momma's!
    Just curious...my lo is now a year. She doesn't seem to want BM unless she's going down for a nap or for the night. Considering this, how often do you ladies pump for a 1yr old? I'm making more than she's drinking most of the time now...
    Thanks!
    Ladybug's Momma

Default Re: Exclusively Pumping For 1yr old

Are you weaning and transitioning her to cows milk or some other alternative milk or are you still looking to keep her on breastmilk?

At one year I was weaning to DD1 to whole milk and was down to one-two pumps a day for a morning and evening bottle only (about 4 ounces each, I think). She was drinking whole milk or water in her sippy cups during the day.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Default Re: Exclusively Pumping For 1yr old

My daughter is 13mo, but she came early, so I'm pumping full-time until her original EDD rolls around. I currently produce more than she drinks in a day, so the freezer gets fed daily. After June, I plan to slowly wean from the pump over several months. She reacts to dairy, so I can't wean her onto cow's milk. I want to keep her with as much breastmilk as possible until 18mo--whether fresh or frozen. If I can get even a small amount (say, 10oz total) pumping twice a day after that, I'll keep going until she's two. She won't have a biological need for milk after that and she's pretty gung ho for solids, so I'm comfortable with it.
    Mum to DS (04/07)
    EPing for former 28 weeker (03/12)