Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm about to give up, seriously

Default Re: I'm about to give up, seriously

I remember when my second was born. My first was already 4 but it was still hard to balance her needs with the needs of the newborn- who, being a newborn was up for hours in the night and cranky and nursing all. day. long.

It's really rough to not have family close by- ask me how I know! Is there any chance that someone could take a week off from work, or even just a day here or there, and help you out? Now is the time, if ever. You don't want the baby blues tipping over into PPD or something like that.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: I'm about to give up, seriously

It is really hard! While SO isn't working anymore, the thing is, he's still going to school and is applying and being interviewed all the time. While he's home sometimes, he also needs his sleep and it just - gah. I don't know.

I like that I can sound off here. I'm just so superbly tired. I want to be able to do something other than nurse all day everyday, but I suppose for now I'll have to accept that's probably my lot in life. My 18 month old has gotten better about sitting down a bit, or being able to distract him beforehand, but at the same time, I can't expect him to be an angel every time.

I wish I could kiss you all and give you all cookies for your support and kind words. I'm doing the best I can, I just often feel like it's not good enough. Ahh.

<3
    The Three Loves of My Life:
    SO: 12/12/2005
    DS: 10/11/2011
    DS: 1/27/2013