Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 day work trip = 90 ounces

Default Re: 3 day work trip = 90 ounces

i hear you.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Amusing evolution - managed to bring only 1 bottle to work today. Ah the joy of holding, no - gripping a Lanisoh bag around the bottom of the pump to catch the milk. I'm sure others have been there! On the bright side i replaced the little rubber white tabs that go on the valves of my Medela Symphony and the left seems to be flowing a bit better. Pumps, like cars and computers, need their own TLC and tunes ups now and again I suppose.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

yup

sorry about the bottles. sometimes i taped the bags over the top - in fact the medela bags come with tape built in for that. it's not ideal but adds a little extra assurance.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

oh trust me, i was rummaging for a hair band! i was at my client's office and while they have 2 fabulous private mother's rooms, i was locked inside with just my pump backpack and ready to roll - there was no way to get to tape, rubber bands etc.

On my work trip, about to go to sleep alone for the first time since giving birth and realize I am still not sure how many times I need to pump overnight. Although I miss my little monkey, I am completely exhausted so I don't think sleep will be an issue. I think I will set the alarm for 4 hours from now and maybe if I need to pump at 3 hours my body will tell me. Four hours of straight sleep - that also hasn't happened since giving birth.

Not to be a debbie downer, but the first time I was away from my older son at night, even though I could have slept for more hours, I didn't. My sleep was as broken and fragmented as it was with him, only I didn't have a baby to snuggle with.

But every four hours overnight should be fine, I would think.
    Ellen

Mama-surgeon;
    DS Ethan 12/16/2008
    Breast fed/pumped 11 months as a surgical resident, 80 hours a week at work
    DS Abram Daniel 12/20/2012
    Feel like we've gotten a strong start

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*blue2000 View Post
    Not to be a debbie downer, but the first time I was away from my older son at night, even though I could have slept for more hours, I didn't. My sleep was as broken and fragmented as it was with him, only I didn't have a baby to snuggle with.

But every four hours overnight should be fine, I would think.
    After travel from u.s. to canada, work at canada office, work dinner and all the racing around to pump all day (plus 9 months of poor sleep) I was seriously exhausted and crashed hard -asleep for 4 hours and was just awakened by my alarm. I absolutely would not have awakened otherwise. We shall see how it goes after I finish pumping though. Doesn't exactly leave one in a dream state.

Brought about 70 ounces of frozen milk back to the states all the way from Calgary. 12 hours of travel, thank goodness no delays - when I walked in my house and immediately removed it from my suitcase it was starting to slush.

nice job! that is a challenge.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13