I'm having several issues with breastfeeding my LO.
1. I use a modified semi reclined position. His legs go across my body towards my hips instead of vertically. This is most comfortable to me because of my csection.
2. My nipples are sore and so is the underside of my breast going to the armpit, breast seems overly full and hurt most when like this.
3. He has a hard time latching. He is a wiggle worm. Back riches, outs his hands in his mouth and doesn't want to open wide when presented with my breast. If I let him latch on his own he has a very shallow latch. I try to sandwich my breast, but it's so stiff it doesn't do much good.
4. When he first latches it is very painful. After that, the pain varies from a slight tugging to a pinching. He is a very fast eater. Five to ten minutes lately. He gulps down milk like its going to run dry. He tends to slip his latch and yanks on my nipple. I get nipple blanching more on my right side than left. Even when I have only a tugging sensation and no pain. Not sure if the blanching is due to he initial latch. Since the feeding time is so short I change his diaper and let him eat again on the same side.
5. His diapers seem okay. Mustard yellow. Some are just small amounts, others a nice full load.
6. He doesn't spit up too much, but he does get the hiccups a lot.
7. I feed him every two to three hours.
8. Lately I've been doing one breast t a time trying to drain it because I'm wondering if I have an over abundant supply. My breast leak a lot.
I want to have pain free breast feeding. And I want to make sure that my LO is getting enough to eat.