Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Vitamin Supplement?

Default Vitamin Supplement?

Hello Everyone!
    I was just wondering if anyone could give a straight yes or no on this. Do you know if using the GNC Women's Ultra Active shake is ok to use while breastfeeding? I would like to add this to my fruit shakes in the morning for breakfast instead of my daily pill. I've compared the ingredients to my daily vitamin pill and its pretty much the same just a higher vitamin content, and protein to help with feeling fuller longer. Im interested in this so that I will be less likely to choose bad snacks and be able to lose some weight without really cutting too many calories just make my calories better. If that makes any sense. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Vitamin Supplement?

i don't know what's in that supplement, so i'd advise going through the ingredients individually (as it looks like you have). how old is your baby? for most people the weight comes off in the same length of time it took to put it on: 9 months. if you're worried about this supplement, then what about other ways of choosing good snacks, like having only good snacks around and handy?
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

My lil girl is 3mo. I was just wondering if the increase in vitamins would have any affect on her, and its has a combo like ginko in it. I have good snacks its just I don't want to be hungry every 10min nor do I want to eat huge meals, and I have a huge sweet tooth and my hubby keeps bringing sweets home. Thats why I was wanting to know about the shake.

in my experience, when nursing a 3 month old, hungry every 10 mins is the name of the game you need more calories now than when you were pregnant. i hear you about the sweet tooth though - i have the worst one too.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

When I was on mat leave I ate and hydrated constantly. I ate only fruit, veggies, meat (nothing processed), nuts, seeds. Included in there were good fats like avocado, fresh cooked salmon, unsweetened shredded coconut. I kept hard boiled eggs on hand. I sliced sweet potatoes into wedges and seasoned and baked them (my big treat) I never picked up a piece of bread, any sweets except fresh or smoothied fruit, or any pasta, rice, crackers, chips, etc. i love butternut and other squash - we rely on zucchini and spaghetti squash as our noodles. I was not trying to lose the weight but it came off and most importantly I felt great. When I eat flour, gluten and food that's not real food I simply don't feel my best.

I still eat this way 90% of the time (I'm not perfect). I have so little time to exercise between baby and f/t job but my weight maintains if I stick with good clean eating and can sneak in good 20 min workouts here and there, walk with her in carrier or stroller on weekends
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12