Re: sudden green stool in 9 week old???
It's 7 a.m. and I think we already have today's winner in the category of "Bad Medical Advice"! There is absolutely ZERO need to wean from the breast, even temporarily, when the problem is just green poops. If the problem is in fact temporary lactose intolerance due to a bout of the flu, the baby's lactase production will rebound whether you give formula or nurse. So why not nurse?
Originally Posted by @llli*coffey1120
Some questions for you:
- Can you post a complete weight history for baby, including birth weight, lowest weight, and weight at each checkup?
- Has baby always been weighed on the same scale, in the nude?
- Did you receive IV fluids during birth?
- How many times a day does baby nurse (on average)?
- What were baby's poops like initially? Did you see typical yellow poops, or have they been green right along?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"