Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sore spot on breast after weaning

Default Sore spot on breast after weaning

My three year old's last nursing session was about a month ago after a gradual weaning. Lately I've noticed a spot on one breast that is sore to the touch but doesn't bother me unless I put pressure on it. I was thinking it was a plugged duct but I can't tell where the plug is (it seems to be deeper than the other plugged ducts I've had). If I have a plugged duct at this point, what would you recommend I do to get rid of it? Or are there any other possibilities of what it might be? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Sore spot on breast after weaning

I would guess it's a plugged duct. They can occur very deep inside the breast.

You can probably just leave this alone. But if you feel/see any of the following: increased pain, aches and pains, chills, fever, red streaks or splotches on the exterior of the breast, then you are going to want to pump as much as you can and see the doctor immediately for a prescription for antibiotics, because the plug has become mastitis.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Sore spot on breast after weaning

Thanks, mommal, I appreciated your answer. The soreness is gone now.