Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: new milk with older milk

Question new milk with older milk

Hmmm not sure if this is the right spot but i'll give it a shot... Can i mix old milk with new milk?
    I hand expressed an ounce earlier ( about 4 hours, it's still @ room temp, and if i pumped another ounce can i just put it in the same bottle??? to make it a full feeding???
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Default Re: new milk with older milk

Ok, I think as far as storage goes you can mix milks but they need to be at the same temp when you mix them. So if you have some in the fridge, cool down your new stuff before you dump it together. No hot and cold mixing. It sounds like you have stuff the same temp though so you ought to be good to go!

I agree with them being the same temperature. Depending on the age of your baby, you may also want to hang on to those little one and two ounce bottles for mixing with cereal or other foods you may be preparing.

Wow, I've been mixing warm milk with cold milk, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to! Why not? I've only been pumping for a couple of weeks.