Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Almost 2

Default Almost 2

My baby will be turning 2 on Saturday.
    She was born 6lb 13oz. And is 24lbs now.

I can't believe it! On Tuesday we celebrated my oldest daughters birthday, and on Saturday my little monsters b-day, (talk about an emotional week)!

She is still a happy little nurser, and I am still hoping to go as long as she wants too!

Default Re: Almost 2

Happy Birthday to your daughters!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

My lo is still a very happy and frequent nurser and she is 2 in 2 weeks. I see no end in sight but hey, she is benefitting from it. Hope she has a happy birthday.
    AManda

My lo turned 2 in September and is still very much a frequent nurser. She nurses to sleep at night, a few times through the night, first thing in the morning and a few times throughout the day.

She walks up to me, grabs my hand and says, "c'mon, mommy. I want milk"--then pulls me to our chair. Haha. I never thought we'd be going this long. I'd thought I'd wean by 2, like my others. But she's got other ideas in mind.

I'd actually found this website while looking for ways to wean, and ended up changing my mind and letting her lead the way. I get some flak from family, but most don't even know I still do it. It's none of their business.

We are ttc, so I've had some worries there, but I got my period back a few months ago, so as far as I know it could happen any day (maybe even now, who knows!)

I'm so happy that I've been able to have this relationship with my children, and that my littlest one has taught me even more about it, which any other child I have will benefit from.

Congrats on making it this long! It's no small thing!

It was kinda cool waking up early in the morning with her, and nursing her. It made me think back to the first few moments after birth, and how amazing it was to nurse her!