Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Self Weaning Before 2?

Default Self Weaning Before 2?

If your toddler weaned before they turned two, what would give them? Expressed milk? Cow's milk? Goat's milk? Rice/soy/almond/etc. milk? Toddler formula? Homemade formula?

DD is only 11 months, but I just want to be prepared for when she weans. I want to make sure she still gets everything she needs!

Thanks!

Default Re: Self Weaning Before 2?

If she weans close to a year, I might pick toddler formula. If she weans later in her second year, whole animal milk (cow or goat) unless she has an allergy.

Do you think she's likely to wean so early? It's rare for kids to wean before 2.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

The only reason why I think she might wean early is because she's never been a comfort nurser. I don't know if there's any basis for that, but like I said, I just want to be prepared. I don't want to be caught off guard and make a rash decision.

That's good. I was worried that you were dealing with a nursing strike or something!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"