Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How does your infant or newborn feed?

Talking How does your infant or newborn feed?

Describe how your baby breast feeds. is it slow and relaxed? fast and aggressive.

I'll start it off:

Joshua is a slowww feeder. He'll take a few sips and then stop..check out the scenery and yawn. Then he'll take a few more sips.. get heavy eyed... maybe take a one minute nap.. and finally when i think he's done and put him down he gets mad and cries. haha And boy does he hate when the real sleep is coming on. If he truly feels tired after a feeding he'll start to fuss and make little screams. he really fights that sleep i tell you! And if I make him wait to long for another sip when i give him the breast he'll take his baby claws and pinch me and aggressively take that nipple! what a character.

Default Re: How does your infant or newborn feed?

My Katie is slow and relaxed. Most of the time after nursing for only a few minutes, her eyes close and she nurses away to only peek up at me every now and then. If she happens to pop off before she wants, she makes little "num num" sounds until she finds her way back on. Almost every feeding is followed by a cat nap

Carson is an agressive eater. He latches on and goes to town. All you hear is gulping and panting. He is done in 5 mins tops. Sometime I wish had a slow eater that would gaze into my eyes.

My Nora latches on easily then most of the time promptly falls asleep. I have to constantly nudge her and act like I'm taking my nipple away to get her to suck. If she stays awake, she calmly sucks and looks around, or closes her eyes and grips/releases my breast with one hand. Sometimes she just stops sucking and smiles at my breast- I love that, so cute.

depends on where we are...if we're in the family room and the tv is on, she'll nurse and then pull off to see what's on tv...then she'll nurse again...and then pull off to look at the tv. if we're nursing in my glider or in bed, she starts off a bit fast and then slows down. she looks at me sometimes and smiles...she also grabs unto my bra or touches my chin while she's nursing. when she's starting to fall asleep, she slows down and either pops off on her own or falls asleep with my nipple in her mouth...and i can easily just pull away from her. when she's not in the mood to nurse, she'll play with my nipple and smile and then look away. that's the signal to put the boob away! LOL!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Quote Originally Posted by kmk73 View Post
    Carson is an agressive eater. He latches on and goes to town. All you hear is gulping and panting. He is done in 5 mins tops. Sometime I wish had a slow eater that would gaze into my eyes.
    Sounds like my little guy. The doctor saw him eating and laughed:"wow! I haven't seen a baracuda like that in a long time!"

Patrick eats differently depending on time of day and mood. Sometimes, he's all kinds of aggressive and gets mad when he pulls away and I don't guide him back fast enough... or I try to burp him. Other times, he's a lazy little bugger and keeps dozing off while he eats. This usually happens when I have some place to be! LOL

hahaha thankyou all for the replys that was very fun to read!