Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Little driplets of water....

Default Little driplets of water....

When I wash all the pump parts and bottles I sometimes have to reuse them when they haven't completely dried. Should I dry them with a paper towel? Will the little driplets of water inside the bottles harm the breastmilk? When I pump I leave a bottle out in room temp for my DS's next feeding, which is usually in the next 2 hours. I am just afraid that the water driplets with help bacteria build up in the milk. I know this seems silly (I am in no way a scientist!). I am I over-worrying about nothing?
    Happy Mama of 4 beautiful boys ages 14, 10, 7 and the newest member of the family:
    Damian Gabriel 2/13/13 , , twice a day at work, and finally successfully. We never gave up and we are as happy as can be !!

Default Re: Little driplets of water....

Since your LO is still very young, I'd be cautious about the droplets only if you're using well water (particularly if it's a shared well) or if you suspect that your public tap water supply isn't all it should be.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I find rigorously shaking helps to clear the water out.

I used to wash in between, and worried about droplets also. My situation has changed and now I can't rinse them so I keep them cold with ice packs in a cooler. Just a thought. It actually made it a bit easier. Also, I invested in a few extra parts and alternate to allow each set to air dry over a couple of days. No more droplets.

Thanks ladies! We get our water supply from our nearest lake so it is relatively clean. I will dry though as my LO is still very young and I would rather be safe than sorry. I am in the process of buying a secondary supply of parts for my pump. I've read on other threads that a second set is very helpful and my hands are getting so dry from washing so many times. Great idea!
    Happy Mama of 4 beautiful boys ages 14, 10, 7 and the newest member of the family:
    Damian Gabriel 2/13/13 , , twice a day at work, and finally successfully. We never gave up and we are as happy as can be !!