Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Potentially ridiculous concern but ....

Default Potentially ridiculous concern but ....

My darling has a fever - she won't sleep unless shes on the boob, it's 12am and she's been on my boob since 8pm!
    I've read about as adults we can drink to much water and over ride our system - can this happen as a breast fed baby???
    I'm so paranoid - that's 4 hours of non stop sucking - if I pull her off she screams, I can't give her her next dose of tylenol for an hour so just sitting in the dark wondering if its safe or not!!

Anyone know??

Default Re: Potentially ridiculous concern but ....

No. It's not water and it adjusts. She is probably only getting one or two streams of milk. Let her nurse on demands. As always. It's fine. And it's probably keeping her hydrated.

Way too lazy for formula

Thank you! Poor honey she's so hot but will only sleep on me - I'm sick too but can't sleep!
    This will be a tough night , thanks for answering x

How old is she? If she is older than 6 months you can do Tylenol and Motrin Intermittently as to not have to wait.

Way too lazy for formula

She is 11 months, I just gave tylenol but most of it ended up on me!
    I don't have any Motrin unfortunately so she's still a bit to warm. Just a tough night!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tanpixie View Post
    Poor honey she's so hot but will only sleep on me - I'm sick too but can't sleep!
    Oh, I know this feeling. My LO does this when he is sick and when he is feverish I tell my husband it's like nursing a little dragon -- his mouth is so hot and his hands are hot and always touching me.

Best wishes that you and LO are feeling well again soon. It's no fun to have sick baby but nursing is so, so, so good for her and, as djs.mom says, is probably helping to keep her hydrated.