Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lactation Support in the Workplace

Smile Lactation Support in the Workplace

Hi,

My name is Stephanie and I am working on a project for my Breastfeeding Consultant Class. I'm making a pamphlet that we are distributing to employers that emphasizes the importance and benefits of supporting lactation in the workplace.

What I am looking for are some quotes from mothers whose lacation is supported and/or accommodated by their employers. If you are a mom who is works for an employer that supports breastfeeding, could you give me your thoughts?

I am also hoping to get some quotes from employers themselves who support breastfeeding in the workplace and how that benefits them.

If you, or anyone you know, can help with this, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
    Stephanie
    Last edited by @llli*midwifestephanie; March 21st, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Lactation Support in the Workplace

The PA Breastfeeding Coalition's Business Case for Breastfeeding might be of use to you: http://www.pabreastfeeding.org/works...n-for-employe/
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks for the link!

If any of you are working in a place that supports breastfeeding, could you tell me how you feel about that? Anything at all that you feel is important?

Thanks

I am a nurse on a busy cardiac floor. My co-workers are absolutely awesome support. When I go to pump they basically have to pick up the slack and watch my patients, in addition to their own. Unfortunately, there is not a designated "pump room" that I can use but there is a space I can pump when it's available (and it usually is). If its not available I would have to use the locker room or the bathroom, both are very clean, but still-who wants to pump in a bathroom?

I know that nurses probably have the hardest time finding available time and space to pump - even in a hospital like mine that is very pro-breast feeding- so I do feel very lucky to have co-workers willing to help!