Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Manual Breast Pump

Default Re: Best Manual Breast Pump

I think there's a psychological barrier to dragging out the "big guns" electric pump. I like the Lansinoh manual if I'm at home and thus have plenty of time to pump. It's nice to not be making a racket if I want to watch a movie or something while pumping.

babyhiccups,

I got the Medela Harmony and I LOVE it. I got 2 ounces in about 3 minutes. It was amazing. And it was so easy and effortless, and I loved watching the milk come out. And afterwards, I used my hand to squirt some milk into the bottle. I really loved doing that, because it is so fascinating to use my hand to express. Anyway, this is going to work perfectly for when I want to pump a couple ounces here or there!
    Breastfeeding stay-at-home mama of a 16-month-old daughter.

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one who finds it interesting to watch!

Glad to hear that the manual pump is working out for you. Perhaps if I'd given it a better try I would be as enthused. The electric works for me because I leave it sitting on my kitchen table, tubes attached, plug resting where it is easy to pop into the socket; all I have to do is attach the bottles and go. I suppose if I had to lug it around a house and up and down stairs I would feel differently. But, to each her own!

andie613,

Yes, I like my electric Medela Pump in Style Advanced! It works perfectly, but it sure is a lot to drag to and from work and then to have to lug it around the house to pump. For pumping at home, the manual is def. good for just a couple ounces here and there. For the big jobs, though, I'm still going to use my electric

Thanks for the input!
    Breastfeeding stay-at-home mama of a 16-month-old daughter.