Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone experience about Bell Palsy?

Default Anyone experience about Bell Palsy?

Hello LLL ladies,

I'm back. I just had my second son 5 days ago. I lived on this forum when I was nursing my first. We nursed until he was 1.5 years old.... =) I'm nursing my second one now.

I went to see my family doctor, it turns out I have Bell Palsy where my left side of my face is numb. I was told that this is not uncommon for pregnant women or right after delivery. My doc said mine was mild and that I can just wait and it will get better after anywhere between 1 week to 6 months. There are steroids [prednisone]that you can take that COULD help increase the recovery to 100%.

I think I've decided not to take anything right now, but I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if things get much worse and then decide for sure.

Wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and if they have any input on the steriods mentioned above.

Thanks!

Default Re: Anyone experience about Bell Palsy?

My sister had BP when she was a teenager. It was fairly severe- she had numbness but also had a drooping mouth and was unable to close her eye. It passed after a couple of months and you would never know that she had had it.

For advice on medications, contact the Infant Risk center: http://www.infantrisk.com/
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I had it during this pregnancy. It went away in about 2 weeks.

My boyfriend had it and the whole right side of his face wouldn't move. But it did clear up on its own after about a month and a half.