Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to pump wean without mastitis?

Default Re: how to pump wean without mastitis?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gwendlynsmom View Post
    I'm just concerned about dropping that last pump session on the long days. Will that be easy to adjust to from your experiences, wise mums?
    From my experience, I was uncomfortable by the end of the day the first 2 or 3 days I didn't pump at all, but after that my body adjusted and a week after I stopped pumping I was completely comfortable going all day without doing it. I would bring your pump to work with you the first couple of days that you stop pumping all together, just so you have the ability to pump a little if you really need to for comfort by the end of the day. There is some discomfort involved but it shouldn't be unbearable or anything. If it is, you're dropping sessions too fast and should slow down. HTH!
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!

Default Re: how to pump wean without mastitis?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gwendlynsmom View Post
    I'm just concerned about dropping that last pump session on the long days. Will that be easy to adjust to from your experiences, wise mums?
    This question is very timely for me - by chance, I did drop that last session for the first time today! I hadn't planned on it (I thought I still had another week to go) but I was feeling a little less full today so I thought I'd give it a go. I brought my pump home with me just in case but I don't think I'm going to use it. LO nursed at 7:30 this morning before I went to work and then at 6:45 tonight when I got home - a little longer than the time you have apart on your long day. It's taken me a while to get to this point but you'll get there too!