Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastmilk quantity in a bottle

Wink Breastmilk quantity in a bottle

Hello
    I am new here. My daughter is almost 12 months. I breastfeed her in the morning, at 9:00 she eats fruits and at 12:00 chicken soup. at 15 and at 18:30 (before sleeping) she eats breastmilk in a bottle.
    She weigths almost 9 kgs, ~70cm.
    She eats at 15:00 a botlle with 210 ml of breastmilk and at 18:30 240ml.
    Some people said that this is too much and not healthy for her. Is it correct???
    She has increased the quantity slowly, as long she grown up.
    Is it correct? should I gice her less milk each time?
    I got very worried..
    Please help..
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Breastmilk quantity in a bottle

Welcome to the forum!

The bottles that you're offering are very large. (Non-metric mamas, we're talking 7-8 oz bottles.) Whether or not it's a problem for a baby to get that much milk in a bottle depends on a few things. First, how many times a day does baby nurse? Second, is she at daycare? Third, are you having any problem providing such large bottles?

Basically, it is not a health problem for a baby to consume very large bottles, especially when that baby is almost a year old. But if consuming large bottles leads to less frequent nursing, or is causing you to have difficulty supplying such large bottles for daycare, then it may be a good idea to reduce the amount of milk in the bottles, offering smaller amounts more frequently.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"